Short Circuit Current Study
Short circuit analysis is important tool for dimensioning and selecting electrical equipments, designing and operating power systems, and developing proper protection coordination structure. Commonly, the aim of the short circuit analysis is to calculate and determine the similar electrical parameters at balanced or unbalanced failure conditions. Short circuits can be analyzed for two different conditions: maximum and minimum.
While dimensioning and selecting electrical equipments, maximum short circuit conditions must be considered. On the other hand, determining factor of proper protection coordination structure must be assessed by minimum short circuit conditions.
TTM Enerji can;
- calculate maximum and minimum short circuit currents according to IEC 60909 std.
- analise transients according to IEC 61363 std.
- calculate short circuit current for different fault types;
- three phases short circuit
- two phases short circuit
- two phases to earth short circuit
- one phase to earth short circuit
- calculate contribution of motors and generators to short circuit current
- analise contribution of each branch to the faulted buses
- calculate short circuit currents for different operating scenario